Yes it’s that time of year where we are with our families and friends enjoying the upcoming holidays! I don’t know about you but I am loving this time of year! I’m in Colorado at the moment visiting my family, and we haven’t been together since last Christmas, way too long :/ It’s been hard for me living far away from family, just to be with them and laugh and talk.
I know temptations are surrounding us with holiday parties, get togethers, and yummy holiday favorites being easily accessible. So what to do when out of your normal routine and trying to keep your physique dialed in while at the same time are trying to enjoy it?
I will tell you..
1. UNO FEAST Since my “Thanksgiving” is basically all week and not just one day, I find out what meal we are going to indulge in most, and make the other meals more protein/fat related and then splurge on whichever meal is our biggest that day.
2. LIQUIDIFY I’m constantly drinking water/coffee/tea to hold me over and to stay hydrated which also prevents cravings.
3. I-WORKOUT Since I am with my family and feel like I shouldn’t take a lot of time at a gym I am doing quick and effective at home workouts using bodyweight and lots of reps for “resistance” training and then will move lots and play with the dog and kids will be my “cardio”. Hiking, playing in the snow, sports, or ice skating are other fun holiday things to do.
4. PARTY RIGHT I don’t drink so that is not an issue I deal with but if you are I would do straight up shot with sparkling water and wait till the event or occasion to start drinking, not the morning/afternoon of! Also every other drink can be a glass of water.
5. CHILL OUT By enjoying the moments and having fun and not setting your mind on your body, you are freeing the stress of gaining weight and replacing it with amazing memories with your family. So chill out, have fun, and it will be good for your waistline. Because when you are stressed, your cortisol levels rise, which causes fat stores and excess circulating fat to be relocated and deposited deep in the abdomen.
6. PILL POPPING
To reduce appetite: Hoodia+Chromium
To use fat for fuel: Liquid L carnitine+ Omega 3
To digest and assimilate nutrients: Digestive Enzymes+ Apple Cider Vinegar
To energize: B Complex+ Espresso
To Calm down: Magnesium+ Rescue remedy
That is all I have for you right now. Enjoy the holidays, Be thankful, and savor every moment with your family and friends. And with the craziness in public areas during this time of year, be the light in the dark, a helping hand, loving and caring person, and you might make someone’s day. Lots of people without families are lonely and just want to be loved. I want to do my best to truly love people!! God Bless,